Review: Etude House Dear My Wish Lips-Talk (OR202)

7:28 PM

Hello everyone! I just finished my first week of school and I am currently enjoying the weekend~ To start this lovely weekend, I thought about posting a review for you guys, so let's get started! 




Product description and claims (from etudehouse.com):
Soft and smooth texture lipstick with 10 amazing vivid color which leaves lips moisturized and glowing.

- Cushiony texture: Its creamy, lightweight texture envelops lips smoothly and comfortably like melting on lips.
- Rich color with onlly one swipe: Clear and rich colors expressed powerfully on lips with a lustrous finish.
- Hydrated glowing Lips: It contains Vegetable Squalane to keep lips moisturized with glowing rich glossy colors

Weight: 26g
Size: 4.5g

This lipstick comes in several different shades, it was the hardest thing for me to only pick one T_T If I wasn't on a budget, I would've bought them all.....

Ingredients:
The ingredients vary depending on the colour of the lipstick. In my case (OR202) these are the ingredients:
CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SQUALANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891),
PHYTOSTERYL/ISOSTEARYL/CETYL/STEARYL/BEHENYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE,
NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIHEPTANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, SYNTHETIC WAX, HYDROGENATED
POLYISOBUTENE, PHYTOSTERYL/BEHENYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, RED
28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 6 (CI 15850), POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, LAUROYL LYSINE, MICA (CI 77019),
EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX,
VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), METHICONE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA)
WAX






Scent: 
Personally, I don't really enjoy the scent of this 
lipstick. It has a very artificial smell, kind of reminds me of crayons ( ´థ,_‥థ`)





Texture:
This lipstick has a super creamy and smooth consistency. Really enjoy the texture of this lippie, glides on like butter.







Packaging:
The packaging of this lipstick is one of my favourite things about it! So pink, pretty and princess-like! (‥ºั⌔ºั‥ )
The box it comes in has an english description and english ingredients as well, for all us international asian beauty junkies ^_^



The colour isn't really what was I expecting when I bought it, since it looked a lot more nude and less bright in their official lip swatches. 

Swatches:


Pigmentation:
Extremely pigmented! One clean swipe will offer you the swatch shown above.


The shade is a coral pink, perfect for summer! It is super bright, the pictures don't really show how vivid the lipstick actually is though, since they are a lot more attention-catching in real life. To be honest, I can't wear the full lip since it doesn't exactly match my skin tone, I think this shade would suit fairer skin tones rather than darker ones.
This is what Etude House's official swatch looks like. 

Finish:
This lipstick has a semi-matte finish. At first it looks a little creamy on the lips, but definitely dries up to a matter look. However, if you are looking for a fully matte lipstick, this isn't the one to go for. I also noticed that when I have dry lips, this lipstick WILL enhance the flakiness :(

Longevity:
If you are going for a full lip, the outlines will probably fade after 1-2 hours if you don't eat or drink. The lipstick leaves a long-lasting tinted look on your lips that stays on throughout the whole day.

Price:
It is quite pricey TBH, since Etude House isn't a high-end brand or anything. It costs around 12USD depending on where you purchase it. 

Pros:
-Great pigmentation
-Nice creamy consistency
-Princess like packaging
-Leaves pretty tinted lips even after the main layer has faded
-Huge variety of shades

Cons:
-Smells funky
-Enhances flaky lips
-Not cheap if you purchase online
-Didn't exactly match my skin tone like I wanted (not really fault of the lipstick though)


Conclusion:
This is a very versatile lipstick, since I can gently dab it on my lips for a natural tinted lip or go full on bold lip with it as well. Recommend? Yes :D Repurchase? Not this particular shade, but other I would love to try other colours.

Score:
7/10



Thank you for reading!! Hope you enjoyed this post, and most importantly, hope it was helpful~
Leave a comment below if you have any questions, and please follow if you haven't already!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This has been a lovely distraction whilst my family have forced me to watch dr.who this evening haha! Thank you!!! (lifesaver) xx



    Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Crème Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a lovely colour! I've never tried an Etude House lipstick because I always found them too creamy for my liking. Maybe one of their future formulas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't enjoy the creamy texture then I think you should skip this lipstick :P

      Delete
  3. Omg all the colours are so pretty and well pigmented! I need them all in my life like literally! I've always heard Etude's lipsticks have great pigmentation and affordable with the princess-y packaging as well. Think I might start a collection for these :D

    http://www.kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think that the lip color suits you perfectly c: I'm currently into darker shades, but this color looks fine! Thanks for the review~
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful colour! The packaging is always so pretty!


    lisa | lisaxbeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I hope you liked my blog, if you left your blog URL i'll make sure to check it out <3