Review: Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion + Refill Details

4:35 PM

Hello friends and fellow bloggers! I'm back! I think most of you didn't notice my absence (not that big of a blogger) however I missed blogging a lot :D The reason why I didn't update my blog was because I was studying for my AS Level exams, but now that i've got that done, I can blog again!!

I decided to come back with a proper post, so for today i'll be reviewing Etude House's Precious Mineral Any Cushion, since I noticed i've only reviewed 1 BB cream on this blog (Missha's Perfect Cover.)




Product Description and Claims:

Name: Precious Mineral Any Cushion

(from etudehouse.com)
This flawless cushion foundation creates beautiful pearly bright skin with its full coverage and smoothing effects. 

Comes in 4 Shades: N02 Light Beige, C02 Rosy Beige, W13 Natural Beige, W24 Honey Beige (i'll be reviewing this one.)

SPF50+/PA+++

Weight: 90g
Volume: 12M

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methyl Trimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer,

Sorbitan Isostearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mother Of Pearl, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Stearic Acid, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Alcohol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci77499), Fragrance


Packaging:











 Round and shimmery white colour. Simplistic packaging


















The refill package comes with a refill (duh) and a new air puff



The BB cushion comes with a covering sticker to prove that it's brand new.


Old VS New


Left one is a brand new refill. Right one is a used one (almost empty)

Comparison between a new air puff and a old one

Ewwwwiieeee T_T 
I do wash my puffs BTW, but after a certain amount of time using them they accumulate the BB cream to the point where even if you wash them they still look dirty. 

Fragrance:
This BB cushion has a pretty strong smell and to be honest, i'm starting to get sick of it. At first it smelt lovely (rosy, flowery scent) but after about half a year it just becomes a little too much. 

Consistency:
I think it's on the lightweight side of BB creams, but then again, most BB cushions are. It doesn't feel burdensome at all, and it has a moisturising feeling to it.

The formulation is definitely of a dewy finish, but not on the oily side. However, if you don't add a layer of powder it will start to feel and look oily, especially around the T-zone and the nose. 


Performance:

A gentle press gives me enough product to fully cover half of my face. For a lighter layer, one gentle press is enough to brighten up the face.

I find it quite buildable, but if you have dry skin I do think it will enhance flaky patches.

It brightens up the face a lot, and even though I have the darkest shade, it still looks too light with no bronzer, especially in the Summer. I wouldn't recommend it if your skin tone is darker than a NC30.


Coverage:

As you can see, i've got some redness and visible pores.

No primer and one layer of the product.


I'm very satisfied with the coverage of this BB cream. I would say it's from medium to full coverage, and as you can see from the pictures, it conceals most redness and reduces the pores nicely. 


Pros:
-Medium to full coverage
-Travel friendly
-Affordable
-Moisturising effect
-High SPF

Cons:
-Can whiten face too much
-Strong fragrance
-Air puffs get dirty easily
-May enhance dry patches


Conclusion:
This is the only BB cushion I have (for now) so I can't compare it to others, but I do think I really like it! It covers enough and isn't too heavy. However, the amount of SPF can definitely make your face look too white, so you should definitely consider if your skin tone will match this BB cushion.

Recommend? Yes. However, if you are sensitive to smells then no. Works great on my oily/combination skin.

Score
7/10

Thank you for reading, and I hope this review was useful!! XOXO <3

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Looks pretty decent!

    ichigocake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coverage of the mineral looks great! :> I'm actually quite surprised that the cushion is the one with the fragrance, instead of the mineral instead.

    xx Courtney

    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, when I said Cushion BB I meant the whole product :P The formula itself is what has the scent :P

      Delete
  3. I love the packaging and the product seems really nice~ I've been looking to try a new cushion foundation so may have to check it out :)

    lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks really good! I've only tried the one from laneige and also have a new one I haven't opened yet from Iope! I always wash my puff at the end of the day so mine's still pretty clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, i've wanted to try laneige :P
      Ahahaha, i'm way to lazy to do that T_T

      Delete
  5. I love Etude House products! Korea makes the best cosmetics!

    http://www.simplisticallystyled.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Etude House is just adorable ^_^

      Delete
  6. great post, I love etude house products and they always have such a cute packaging :)
    lets follow each other! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelavissers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true!

      Thank you~ I'll definitely pass by your blog!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your awesome blogging ★
    Please come visit my post about ETUDE HOUSE' Blusher. hehe
    http://e-circlelens.blogspot.kr/2015/05/k-beauty-recommendation-of-best-korean.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ughhh I don't like perfumey bases. :( Too bad. But I quite like the coverage on you! :)

    CJ | From Manila with Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey. I'll buy this. But i can't be sure about colour. It's similar with missha perfect bb cream? I'm using missha bb cream no:21. Can you help me about that? 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I hope you liked my blog, if you left your blog URL i'll make sure to check it out <3